please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you. why is this passage meaningful? please type it into one of your entries and comment on what you think about the passage
"What's going on?" Montag had rarely seen that many house lights.
"Oh, just my mother and father and uncle sitting around, talking. It's like being a pedestrian, only rarer. My uncle was arrested another time--did I tell you?--for being a pedestrian. Oh, we're most peculiar."
"But what do you talk about?"
This was somewhat significant to me because it was the first passage that surprised me and gets me into the book. At first, I was surprised because I was amazed by the fact that her uncle was arrested for being a pedestrian. It is also surprising because people don't talk together within their family. Our society has great family lives and we talk within the family almost everyday. It is different from us because they don't do things that we do everyday. They have a different society and they do things differently. They don't do simple things that we do normally in our lives.
If I were living in that society, I think I would be bored to death. There is nothing special about their life. All day do is watching TV and listen to radio. They have their lives set and they do not know how to go beyond that. I like being adventurous and exploring things, but if I was living in the society, I wouldn't be able to do that and I would hate having my life set.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment